Net-near business processes
Development and production of modern IP service
Xyna Factory enables net operators and service providers a flexible development and automated production of telecommunication services and multimedia services on IP- based net platforms.
The technical range of applications is not limited to certain products or services. Principally Xyna automation processes can be modeled and automated for all kinds and variations of IP-based services.
The following products, services and scenarios describe typical technical ranges of application of the Xyna Factory:
Services for business clients
- Enterprise services in a flexible lot-1-production (process-supported, manual service creation)
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) services in variation-diminished automated production
- Managed services: IP-Centrex, Hosted IP-PBX, Firewall, E-mail
- Collaboration services: Conferencing, Groupware
- IP VPN: MPLS-VPN, IPSec, Remote Access (Dial-Up, SSL-VPN)
- Layer 2 VPN: VPWS (Virtual Private Wire Service) / VPLS (Virtual Private Services LAN)
- Customer-oriented Quality of Service
Services for private customers
- Triple Play: Internet, Voice (ISDN substitution by VoIP), IP-TV
- Smart Home: Configuration of final devices behind the Home gateway (IP-Phones, set top boxes, Tablets, etc.)
- IMS services: Presence, Location, Messaging
- Streaming services: Video on Demand (VoD), Multimedia / Rich Media
- Managed services: Mail, Voicemail, Internet Security with SPAM / SPIT / Virus Protection
- Subscriber Self-Provisioning and Self-Care (e.g., administration of performance specifications)
- Multiple Access: xDSL, Wireless (3G, 4G/LTE, WiMAX), FTTx, HFC
- Ethernet-Aggregation (Metro-Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet)
- IP-Peering / IP-Transit
- Conditional Access for Broadcast services
- Configuration Generation (Provisioning) and Configuration (Activation) for net elements: Routers (Backbone, CE, CPE, LER, …), Switches, Servers (SIP, AAA, IP-Centrex, …), firewalls, session border controller, etc.
- Extensive support of network functions: IP-Routing, Switching (LAN, VLAN), Support of VPNs (MPLS, VLAN, tunnel), VoIP support, WAN connection
- Definition of Configuration standards (Policies)
- Integration of Quality of Service (QoS)
- Bandwidth management and Bandwidth on Demand
- Automated configuration of IP services, such as DHCP and DNA
- Net-side IAD administration (Integrated Access Device) by Auto Config Server (ACS)
- IP Address Management
- IMS-Support: Logical Home Subscriber Server (Logical HSS)
- Documentation, version control and target-performance comparison of configurations
- Definition of workflows for the configuration
- Definition of roles and rights
Nevertheless, these ranges of application do not correspond to a comprehensive positioning of Xyna; they only represent the main technical focus of the GIP and the main area of application of Xyna in the latest projects.
The flexible Xyna workflow engine for the automation of technical business processes can be used basically in a very wide range of tasks.