What does GIP offer and other companies not?
- We offer you a unique mixture of a stable supplier of innovative solutions established many years ago and a dynamic growing company. We are no wild start-up company without rules and without security – but we are also no big concern with long decision making processes, big hierarchy and fix employee rates.
- We offer you the chance to form the future of communication in projects for worldwide leading providers (e.g. Deutsche Telekom or Vodafone) and on an innovative and future-oriented automation platform – the Xyna Factory.
- We offer you the chance to involve actively in the advancement of our product and our solutions. Our aspiration is the constant advancement – and in this process versatile possibilities arise to be involved actively in new fields and areas.
Furthermore, we offer you
- a safe and modern job in a healthy company (owner-managed, clear of debt, black figures for many years),
- a cooperative environment and a highly motivated, very well-placed team,
- a job in Mainz – the active city and provincial capital of the Rhineland-Palatinate, which is characterized by its university and the carnival and located in the Rhine Main region in the near of the Frankfurt airport and varied possibilities of living.
Which perspectives and career possibilities can I expect?
According to the entrance level and personal ambitions you can expect different ways to position yourself within the company. We try to find suitable developing and career perspectives for all employees. Whether as group / project manager in the software development or as a Senior Consultant – there are various chances to develop personally and professionally.
Research Institute & Fellowship – What is this?
Beside the usual career paths, e.g. from a junior software developer to a senior developer and/or project manager, GIP offers another exclusive perspective: the membership in the GIP Research Institute as a Research Fellow.
The Research Fellows are a small, exclusive circle of well-chosen employees which work, beside their »usual« project operations, at the GIP Research Institute. They are characterized by a far above-average engagement and special abilities and/or knowledge which they use for the realization of our vision of a connected world.
Therefore the Fellowship is a special career perspective, because it does not orientate at »usual« scales of leading positions. Thus, e.g. no qualification for team management is necessary.
Which professional trainings are offered?
Our company culture is characterized historically and academically by the high percentage of university graduates. We focus on independent and individual advanced training which is requested and promoted by the company (e.g. in the form of magazine subscriptions or book orders).
In addition, there are internal university trainings on different subjects, as for example »Basics of telecommunication« or “Methods of process modeling”.
Do I directly work on projects as a young professional?
Yes – our entrance program is based on the principle »Training on the job«, i.e. you work immediately in our current developing projects.
According to your entrance level, your current work experience and your state of knowledge, you take over suitable tasks and become acquainted with the professional life at GIP.